Tokyo, the capital city of Japan, is an amazing travel objective that everybody needs to visit in any event once in the course of their life! This city is gigantic and complex, so it’s in reality better to view at it as a “assortment” of more modest urban areas that structure a city. The city has 622 km² and more than 9.2 million individuals live in it, so you can envision what I mean!
Tokyo is the ideal objective in the event that you need to encounter the super-present day, modern side of Japan, the astounding cooking (certainly one of my top picks on the planet), the design and the way of life; it’s likewise an incredible beginning spot for roadtrips and for investigating other Japanese urban communities!
In case you’re as of now planning a trip to Japan, choosing where to remain in Tokyo will be a test, trust me, particularly in case you’re a first time guest. Fortunately for you, I’ve effectively visited the city and I’ve effectively committed all the errors and saw how the city is coordinated and which are the best zones to remain, and now I’ll impart all my insight to you!
In this article I’m discussing the 8 best neighborhoods in Tokyo with hand-picked lodging suggestions in every one of them. You should simply pick one!
The best zone to remain in Tokyo for first-time guests is Shinjuku. It’s the ideal spot where you can take a sample of Tokyo and there are TONS of magnificent shops, cafés, restaurants and bars nearby, so it’s in a real sense difficult to get exhausted. There’s something for everybody there and it’s absolutely the coolest and most advantageous spot to book a hotel!
Best hotels in Tokyo
- Luxury Stay hotel : Park Hyatt Tokyo
- Middle-budget hotel : Coto Tokyo Shibuya
- Budget Stay hotel : Mustard Hotel Shibuya
where should i live in the tokyo?
Most importantly, here’s a guide of Tokyo with all the neighborhoods I’ll be discussing in this post:
As I referenced previously, settling on your Tokyo hotel requires a ton of examination and consideration. All things considered, Tokyo is HUGE, there are 47 neighborhoods in the whole city!
A few suggestions: First of all, since Tokyo is so large and loaded with fascinating attractions, you need to pick a spot that is near your central matters of interest. Second of all, try to pick something that is near a train station or metro, ideally close to the JR Yamanote train line; this way it will be not difficult to move around the city (which you’ll need to do a ton, trust me!).
To make things simpler for you, I picked the 8 best regions in the city for travelers. Presently you should simply pick one that accommodates your own inclinations and schedule! Underneath you’ll locate my customized proposals for various kinds of travelers:
- Best region for luxury: Ginza
- Best area for low budget travelers: Asakusa
- Best region for a conventional climate: Asakusa
- Best zone for foodies: Ginza
- Best territory for nightlife: Shibuya and Roppongi
- Best zone for families: Odaiba & Tokyo Bay
Since everything is a touch all the more clear for you, we should discover more insights concerning the best neighborhoods in Tokyo:
1. SHINJUKU – STAY IN TOKYO FOR THE FIRST TIME
As I referenced as of now, shinjuku is the best suggestion for individuals going to Tokyo interestingly. It’s basically the central core of Tokyo!
It’s also the area where I stayed during my excursion and I truly trust it was the most ideal decision I could make! I was near restaurants eateries and bars and intriguing attractions and the zone was so lively, I just never needed to get back to my accommodation since I would not like to pass up anything!
Shinjuku is a cumulation of all that Tokyo has to bring to the table – enthusiastic roads, high rises, interesting shops, neon lights, bookshops, retail chains, legitimate cafés, parks and in a real sense all the other things in the middle.
Shinjuku zone spins around Shinjuku station, so on the off chance that you decide to remain here you’ll realize that you’ll likewise be near open vehicle – I’m just seeing benefits here! Ok, and coincidentally, did I notice that this region won’t ever rest? That’s right, it’s actual! You’ll generally discover a spot to have a few beverages or to get something to eat, paying little mind to how late it is. Furthermore, that is an extraordinary benefit, trust me!
As you would expect, Shinjuku has a lot of amazing hotel alternatives that you can browse and beneath you’ll locate my best proposals:
- Park Hyatt Tokyo – in the event that you’re on the quest for Hyatt hotels in Tokyo, indeed, you should realize that their property in this city is really THE best hotel in Shinjuku, so you can anticipate an incredible assistance. That’s right, it’s perhaps the most lovely 5-star hotels in Tokyo and the surveys are simply extraordinary!
- Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo – If you would incline toward some store hotels Tokyo all things considered, investigate this one! It’s an astonishing 5-star hotel situated in the core of this area, near the Golden Gai and Shinjuku train station also, so the area is simply great!
- Tadaima Japan Shinjuku Ryokan – Here is an incredible mid-range hotel that will offer a superb service while additionally encouraging you set aside some money. It’s near the notable Golden Gai and it’s really a ryokan – a conventional Japanese convenience where you’ll rest on the tatami (Japanese floor beds).
- La’gent Hotel Shinjuku Kabukicho – Here’s another extraordinary center estimated hotel in Tokyo that will cause you to feel very much like in the well known film by Sofia Coppola – Lost in Translation! The plan is straightforward yet enchanting and it has an on location restaurant, private parking and 24-hour front work area, among others.
- Nine Hours Shinjuku-North – Now, in case you’re looking for cheap places to stay in Tokyo in the celebrated neighborhood of Shinjuku, realize that there are some awesome choices! For example this is an excellent container hotel that has free Wi-Fi and a 24-hour front work area – so advantageous!
- Moon hotel Shinjuku – If you need to remain in Tokyo Shinjuku on a strict financial plan, here’s another superb decision for you! This hotel is basic however comfortable and it’s near huge loads of food places, bars and a shopping road.
Shibuya is really like Shinjuku as far as air and comfort, so it’s additionally an awesome decision for a wide range of voyagers, particularly for youngsters that need to find Tokyo. In the event that you decide to remain here, you’ll be surrounded by numerous food and drink places, just as shops and incalculable fascinating Japanese attractions.
Shibuya Station is the main transportation center of this area, which is extraordinary to move around the city and you’ll additionally be very much associated with the air terminals.
Incidentally, the renowned Harajuku region (the most “kawaii” some portion of Tokyo) is likewise situated in the neighborhood of Shibuya, so you can go there in the event that you need to look for interesting apparel and adornments (particularly on Takeshita-dori road)!
Hachiko Square is another significant spot nearby, where the coolest individuals meet! Also, you likely found out about Shibuya Crossing, correct? Or possibly you’ve seen pictures of it, I’m certain about that! It’s fundamentally the busiest road crossing in the whole world and it’s situated in this area, directly in the focal point, all things considered, What’s more, did I notice that Shibuya is likewise an extraordinary spot to go to encounter the nightlife of Tokyo?
On the off chance that you feel like Shibuya is your place to be, here are the best Tokyo inns nearby:
- Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel – If you’re searching for an ideal, ruined stay in Tokyo so you can feel like a sovereign/ruler, look no farther than this hotel! It gives a 5-star administration and the rooms have a amazing view over the city. Additionally, you’ll likewise approach the sauna, hot tub and a beauty parlor.
- Shibuya Stream Excel Hotel Tokyu – Here’s another ideal extravagant choice with simple admittance to the train station and other public transportation alternatives. This 4-star hotel has an restaurant, a fitness place and a bar – so incredible!
- Act Hotel Shibuya – You’ll see that there are a lot of good hotels in the city a piece of the “Act” chain and this wonderful mid-range one is the ideal model! It anticipates with cooled rooms, free Wi-Fi, private washrooms, and an ideal area.
- COTO Tokyo Shibuya 6 – When you’ll find out about the offices offered at this property, you’ll comprehend why it’s a particularly extraordinary decision for this area! Book a room here in the event that you need a charming Tokyo travel insight at some generally excellent costs.
- Mustard Hotel Shibuya – This marvelous hotel has some incredible costs, thinking about the mainstream area! On the off chance that you’ll decide to remain here, you’ll be encircled by huge loads of restaurants, bars, and clubs, you’ll approach a metro station and their on location café that serves without gluten, veggie lover and vegetarian choices also!
- Wise Owl Hostels Shibuya – This hostel is basically an extraordinary decision for Shibuya! It’s quite new, as it originally opened in 2017 and it offers a well disposed climate and comfortable rooms. You can peruse more about it in the hostel depiction on Booking!
You may have effectively found in my customized rundown of suggestions over that Ginza is all around suggested for individuals intrigued by extravagance, both for shopping and for convenience. Despite the fact that that is valid, this doesn’t imply that Ginza is excessively expensive for different sorts of pockets too!
Ginza is very much associated with the remainder of the city through JR Tarakucho station and Ginza metro station, so on the off chance that you need to show up in some different pieces of the city, you’ll have the option to do as such quickly!
Ginza is likewise near Tsukiji Fish Market, the best spot to attempt some new sushi and an unmissable spot during your Tokyo agenda! Some different sights in the territory incorporate the Imperial Palace, Chuo Dori – the central avenue of the local that gets walker just during the ends of the week, and you’ll additionally be strolling distance to Tokyo Station.
In the event that you need to make Ginza your base during your visit in Tokyo, here are my suggested lodgings that you can browse:
- The Peninsula Tokyo – Honestly, I feel that this property is perhaps the most excellent hotels in the whole Tokyo! It has a magnificent area, near the Imperial Palace and the train station and it likewise has an on location spa, pool, wellness focus, and eminent rooms with a view!
- Hyatt Centric Ginza Tokyo – If you need a luxurious hotel that is near incalculable ramen restaurants and other traditional Japanese food, just as bars and other amusement choices, at that point this present one’s for you! It’s essentially a 4-star inn with an overly decent help!
- Hotel Keihan Tsukiji Ginza Grande – If you would prefer not to burn through the entirety of your cash on facilities, at that point I propose you investigate this property! It’s privilege in the core of Ginza, near numerous bars and store shops and the rooms have amazing views over the city!
- Daiwa Roynet Hotel Shimbashi – If you’re the kind of individual that needs a sumptuous assistance without going through a lot cash and on the off chance that you need simple admittance to a lot of food and drink spots inside walking distance, make a point to book a room here! This 3-star hotel has comfortable rooms, ideal for a decent night’s rest!
- Hotel Monterey Ginza – If you’re on a limited spending plan yet at the same time need to be near one of the most luxurious territories in one of the most costly urban communities on the world, it’s possible in the event that you book a room here! This 4-star hotel has some economy rooms that are simply ideal for this and the area is quite ideal, near many bars and ramen places!
- Hotel Gracery Ginza – Here’s another heavenly hotel that offers some spending rooms too. It anticipates with free Wi-Fi, private washrooms, and sparkling clean rooms.
4. Tokyo Station Area
As you would have guessed as of now, Tokyo Station is the primary transportation center of the city and the most convenient areas to stay, particularly in case you’re anticipating doing sometime trips or in case you’re going to some other energizing urban communities in Japan! You’ll have an extraordinary association with the air terminals, to Tokyo Bay territory and to other Japanese urban communities, for example, Yokohama, Osaka or Kyoto through shinkansen, for instance.
The zone around Tokyo Station (Marunouchi Area) is really central, so an incredible decision as you’ll be near the fundamental attractions too. In reality, Tokyo Station can be viewed as a sort of a shopping center, as it’s extremely large and loaded with shops and eateries too – in Japan it’s regular for train stations to shop edifices and extraordinary eating spots, regardless of whether you’re not anticipating it!
The territory around the station is brimming with incredible convenience choices. Look at the best ones I could discover beneath:
- Imperial Hotel Tokyo – If you need to remain in style almost one of the main vehicle centers in the city, near huge loads of ramen puts and intriguing sights, at that point you need to peruse more about this hotel! It’s outstanding amongst other lavish hotels in the whole city, you just will love it!
- The Tokyo Station Hotel – This region is likewise a notable business area in the city, so there are a lot of extravagant properties that you can look over. This one is very well known and it offers an amazing help. It likewise fills in as the ideal entryway for roadtrips, as there are numerous trains going to Kyoto or Osaka from the station!
- Smile Hotel Tokyo Nihonbashi – This marvelous mid-range hotel is my proposal on the off chance that you need an extraordinary incentive for the cash! It’s near many public transportation joins, it has tidy up and comfortable rooms and the staff is very useful.
- Nishitetsu Inn Nihonbashi – If you need to set aside some money for a roadtrip to Kyoto, Mount Fuji or Hakone, for instance, at that point search no more and pick this great lodging! It’s near both the station and no under 4 metro lines – how extraordinary is that?
- APA Hotel Shintomicho-Ekikita – This budget hotel anticipates with free Wi-Fi, a 24-hour front work area, a level screen TV in each room and that’s just the beginning. Incidentally, visiting Kyoto implies you’re just a train ride away! What’s more, it’s likewise found near a lot of exhibitions and gallery decisions!
- APA Hotel Hatchobori Shintomicho – Here’s another incredible budget hotel near the train lines, so it’s very advantageous in the event that you have a JR pass and need to go around the country! You’ll likewise be strolling distance to huge loads of food places, so you’ll never get exhausted around there!
5. Asakusa-Stay in Tokyo on a Budget
Asakusa has another extraordinary thing about it also. Contrasted with the other showy, present day, neon-lit zones of Tokyo, Asakusa has a more quiet, customary environment – it resembles it’s been frozen on schedule, yet positively! So on the off chance that you love sanctuaries, little and bona fide roads and customary cafés, I really accept that Asakusa is your place to be!
It’s actual, you will not discover gigantic shopping centers or retail chains here, as it’s a more established piece of the city, yet you’ll be very near them in the event that that is the thing that you need (you’ll be 10 minutes away by metro from Ginza, to be more exact).
Some significant attractions situated in the territory incorporate Sensoji Temple and the Tokyo Skytree, just to give some examples. Furthermore, it’s the BEST spot to purchase your Japanese trinkets from, as you’ll discover a lot of customary shops selling high quality articles like chopsticks or ramen bowls.
- Hotel Gracery – If you need to rampage spend and be ruined in quite possibly the most legitimate neighborhoods of this city, at that point you ought to pick this spot! It offers a 4-star administration and it has an on location café, in addition to the staff talks awesome English!
- Onyado Nono Natural Hot Spring – If you need to be near Sensoji Temple in quite possibly the most lovely zones in Tokyo, look no farther than this hotel! You’ll have a lot of room decisions to choose from and probably the best benefit of remaining here is that you’ll approach the on location underground aquifer shower and sauna!
Middle – budget
- Hiromas Hotel Kura – If probably the greatest wish is to remain in a Tokyo neighborhood that looks like Kyoto, at that point Asakusa is an extraordinary decision and this hotel will fulfill every one of your requirements! The tidy up and comfortable cooled rooms have free Wi-Fi and even a common kitchen that you can utilize.
- Red Planet Tokyo – Here’s another sublime mid-range choice in this wonderful region! This hotel anticipates with some incredible city sees from the rooms and an amazing area – a little ways from the train station!
- Plat Hostel Keikyu Asakusa Karin – Here’s a standout amongst other budget Tokyo hotel that you can look over! It’s too near the Origami Museum and it additionally has a decent patio ideal for some unwinding following an entire day of investigation!
- K’s House Tokyo – Backpackers Hostel – If you didn’t decide yet, here I’m introducing you one more pleasant decision in the event that you need to save a few pennies! This hostel is extremely near the tram station and it anticipates with a very adorable common area where you can unwind or make new friends!
6. Roppongi – Best Area in Nightlife
Despite the fact that it’s not on the Yamanote train line, Roppongi is as yet a phenomenal decision for your visit in Tokyo since it’s dispersed with interminable great restaurants and a amazing nightlife! It’s really a too cool, cutting-edge region loaded with parties throughout the evening and yummy eateries that anticipate during the day.
The pleasant spots here are frequented by the two local people and travelers the same, so it’s an extraordinary spot to make companions or to perceive how young Japanese people like to go through the evening.
On the off chance that my depiction above energizes you, here are the best inns in Roppongi that you can pick fro
- Tokyo Prince Hotel – Here’s my first proposal for this region! This super hotel was as of late remodeled and you’ll have an amazing view on Tokyo Tower from your room, which requires some ideal photographs! Coincidentally, they even have an on location shopping arcade!
- The Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo – You may definitely think about the luxurious chain of hotels called Ritz-Carlton and you should anticipate an incredible help, as that is by and large what you’ll get! Their property in Roppongi has a sauna, a rec center and even bicycle rentals.
- Act Hotel Roppongi – Here’s another acceptable Act hotel in the city! This one anticipates with a 4-star administration, a very well disposed and accommodating staff and, obviously, free Wi-Fi! Incidentally, the train station is just 200m away, which I believe it’s an extraordinary benefit!
- The B Tokyo Roppongi – This 3-star hotel is directly in the core of this exuberant area, near huge loads of clubs and bars, so you’ll generally be near the center of the activity! What’s more, the rooms are excessively comfortable and clean – what more would you be able to want?
- Sotetsu Fresa Inn Tokyo Roppongi – And in the event that you didn’t decide right now, I present to you another decision that offers a generally excellent incentive for the cash. This one has cooled rooms, free baggage stockpiling, and even an on location pant press that you can use free of charge.
- APA Hotel Roppongi Ekimae – And in light of the fact that I generally prefer to offer you a decision, here’s another budget hotel that you can browse. This one has many room types that you can browse, contingent upon your budget plan and individual preference.
7. Ueno and Akihabara two Town
Ueno and Akihabara are two regions that are not that large and that are found right near one another, which is the reason I decided to discuss the two of them in a similar area.
On the off chance that you’re into anime, manga, cosplay, games and blazing lights, Akihabara (otherwise called the “Electric Town”) is the ideal spot for you! Then again, Ueno is an astounding spot to see the cherry blooms in Tokyo, particularly in Ueno Park. Ueno Station is additionally an extraordinary transportation center point that will take you anyplace you need in the city, like Shinjuku.
Akihabara is an extremely energetic territory that won’t ever rest. It’s brimming with sound and music from every one of the arcades that are situated here, so in case you’re searching for a laid-back, quiet climate, you may be lucky to be in another area, lamentably – and I’m alluding to Ueno!
On the off chance that you feel like both of these two regions will make you go gaga for Tokyo, at that point look at my hand-picked lodgings underneath:
- Nohga Hotel Tokyo – This wonderful 4-star hotel has a cutting edge plan that I truly like! It’s very near Shitaya Shrine, a shopping center, and a lot of sanctuaries. A portion of the benefits of remaining here incorporate a 24-hour front work area, free Wi-Fi, and even an attendant service.
- Artist Hotel – BnA STUDIO Akihabara – Now here’s a suggestion for those of you who are searching for a genuinely special spot to remain! This one looks truly astonishing, trust me – simply investigate the photos and you’ll comprehend what I mean!
- The Hideout Tokyo – This marvelous mid-range hotel has an ideal area, overly near the train station, which implies that you’ll have the option to get to the downtown area and the remainder of the city in a matter of moments! All rooms are perfect and comfortable and they all have private washrooms.
- Space Hostel Tokyo – If you need to remain in a hotel that has a genuine Japanese feeling and some awesome costs, this present one’s for you! The whole space is exceptionally perfect and the staff is too friendly, consistently prepared to help you out with all you may require!
- Oak Hostel Zen – This charming hostel is my first proposal for individuals who would prefer not to go through the entirety of their money at the spot they’ll be remaining in! On the off chance that you’ll remain here, you’ll have the option to pick between dorm rooms and private rooms, contingent upon your preference!
- APA Hotel Inaricho Ekikita – Here’s another decision that will help you save a few pennies! This property is excessively adorable and it offers all you may require for an ideal stay here, near huge loads of temples!
8. Odaiba Tokyo Bay
Odaiba island and the zone around Tokyo Bay are my proposals for individuals making a trip with children to Tokyo. Why? All things considered, despite the fact that it’s somewhat far away from focal Tokyo (it ain’t no Shinjuku without a doubt!) and it’s altogether different from the remainder of the city, it’s found overly near numerous kids amusement spots like Tokyo Disneyland, Tokyo Joypolis, Legoland, Fuji TV Building and a lot of galleries.
Odaiba and is notable on the grounds that the Statue of Liberty reproduction is situated here (that’s right, the Japanese made their own Statue of Liberty, what might be said about that?!) and the Rainbow Bridge, for instance. As a little something extra, this territory is all around associated with air terminal limousines that will effortlessly take you to both of the two significant Tokyo air terminals (incidentally, look down to discover my air terminal inn suggestions!).
Coincidentally, remaining in Odaiba doesn’t imply that the downtown area is inaccessible. You can get to the middle quickly by means of metro, so it isn’t so terrible by any stretch of the imagination!
So in case you’re going with your family and you need to invest a large portion of your energy doing energizing exercises with your little ones, at that point this region is for you! In which case, I’m suggesting one of the exquisite lodgings underneath:
- Hilton Tokyo Bay – If you’re on the quest for the best family hotels in Tokyo, you’re in karma! This 5-star property anticipates with all you may require to feel like a sovereign or ruler, along with your kids also! I’ll just add this: this hotel has 5 on location restaurants and both indoor and open air pools!
- Hyatt Place – But on the off chance that you’d favor a 4-star place all things being equal, no concerns, I have a possibility for you also! This one anticipates with delectable smorgasbord breakfast food, free Wi-Fi, private parking, an on location restaurant and that’s only the tip of the iceberg!
- Grand Nikko Tokyo Daiba – You may be looking for an awesome spot in this locale that offers a excellent service for the money – in which case I’m here to help! This spot is really a 5-star hotel that has some more reasonable rooms that you can browse. What’s more, the perspectives from the rooms are incredible!
- APA Hotel TKP Tokyo Nishi-Kasai – This property anticipates with baggage storage, free Wi-Fi, an restaurant that serves breakfast food every morning, and delightful rooms ideal for resting following a day of exploring the city!
- APA Hotel and Resort Makuhari – If you’re on a careful budget plan all things considered, at that point let me assist you with picking something that will accommodate your pocket yet additionally offer a very decent help! This hotel looks just extraordinary, it’s too current and it even has laundry machines, its own trinket shops and then some!
- ibis Styles – And in the event that you can’t get enough of this area, here’s another very reasonable choice! Regardless of whether it’s in this inaccessible region, the property is just 20 minutes from Tokyo Station, which I believe is quite incredible if you were to ask me!
In the event that you’re the sort of individual that favors remaining in a peaceful, quiet loft during their travels, at that point we’re fundamentally the equivalent. Remaining in a apartment is one of the smartest decision in case you’re going in a bigger gathering, with your family or in the event that you need to set aside some money by preparing your own suppers, for instance.
Tokyo has a wide scope of choices on Airbnb for a wide range of spending plans and inclinations, yet kindly remember that the lofts you’ll discover there are more like hostels that to conventional European apartments, for instance. Despite that, they’re comfortable and they offer an extraordinary assistance.
Beneath you’ll locate the best condos I could discover in Shinjuku, the core of Tokyo, otherwise known as in my most suggested region in the city:
- 1Fa New AP Tluxury/loft up to 1 Near Free WiFi – Yes, it’s conceivable to stay in a loft and still appreciate some extravagance and an upscale assistance! This is really a duplex perplexing and the spot is more similar to a hotel, however the area is just awesome!
- [K7] Beautiful japanese house in shinjuku/free Wifi – If you like brilliant, comfortable and too tidy up rooms, at that point try to book this apartment! It’s privilege in Shinjuku, near every one of the significant attractions in the downtown area and it’s only extraordinary for up to 4 visitors.
- 1-Shinjuku 3min JR station Private Room-A – If you need to appreciate a genuine Japanese encounter and rest on a tatami, at that point this present one’s for you! It’s amazingly near the train station and the rooms are perfect and comfortable.
- 5-Shinjuku 3min JR station Private Room-E – This one’s very like the one above, as they’re in a similar structure. In the event that you love a moderate spot, I truly suggest this one – you will love it!
- Lucky Hostel in Shinjuku 7 – Of course it’s conceivable to book a budget apartment in the heart of Shinjuku! This current one’s the ideal model that will convince you. It’s little yet extremely comfortable and I certainly suggest it in case you’re simply searching for a perfect space to rest and recover your energy.
- Lucky Hostel in Shinjuku 02 – Last yet not least, here’s another incredible choice for those going on a limited financial plan. This one is incredible for 2 visitors and it approaches 3 shared showers. All things considered, it has all you may require for a wonderful excursion around there!
10. Hotels Tokyo Nearby Airports
Since Tokyo is so large, it’s just common that it doesn’t just have one airport. It has two worldwide ones and you may land or leave from both of the two. It’s really basic for enormous urban areas to have two airports – a big one and a smaller one, and the more modest one is generally committed to domestic flights.
No, for Tokyo dislike that! Both of these air terminals are huge and they interface worldwide flights, so I’ll be discussing every one of them underneath.
1. Haneda Airport
Haneda International Airport (HND), otherwise called Tokyo International Airport is the most advantageous one, found just 30 km from the downtown area. Regardless of whether it isn’t so far, it may in any case be a smart thought to book a room in an hotel found near it, so you will not be worried over an early/late flight. Then again, you can remain nearby to Tokyo Station, so you can get a simple association with the airport.
In the event that you need a hotel as near Haneda Airport as could really be expected, here are my suggestions:
- Haneda Excel Hotel Tokyu – If you need to remain nearby to the airport in luxury, try to book a room here, you just will love it! This 4-star hotel has free Wi-Fi, an on location restaurant and even a massage service that you’ll definitely love!
- nine hours Kamata – For those searching for center evaluated hotels, I have an ideal alternative also! This container hotel is awesome on the off chance that you need to be near the airport and furthermore appreciate an incredible night’s rest.
- Japan Hostel Shinya Tokkyu – But in the event that you’re on a careful budget plan, you should investigate this adorable hostel! It basically has some unbeatable prices and some pleasant rooms! In addition, it additionally has free Wi-Fi, obviously!
2. Narita Airport
Narita International Airport (NRT) is situated in Narita and it’s a touch more far away from the city than Haneda, all the more explicitly it’s 60 km away. On the off chance that you have a flight that shows up after the expected time around evening time or one that leaves excessively promptly in the first part of the day, it bodes well to pick a hotel as near the airport as could really be expected. This way you’ll save some valuable time and you’ll be less worried about your arrival/departure.
In the event that you chose to do this, here are 3 great hotels near Narita Airport (one for each sort of budget plan):
- Hotel Nikko Narita – Here’s my luxury proposal for people who need to be near this airport. This 4-star property has an occasional outside pool, 4 on location restaurants, and a free transport that you can use to and from the airport – how amazing is that?
- Nine Hours Narita Airport – If you’d favor a center evaluated hotel all things considered, at that point this present one’s for you! It’s really a capsule hotel found right IN the airport, so you can’t draw nearer than this!
- Comfort Hotel Narita – For every one of those going on a limited budget plan, search no more as I discovered this incredible arrangement! This spot is just 6 km from the airport and it offers a generally excellent assistance at some awesome prices!
Travel expenses to Japan
Accommodation: Most hostels charge between 2,500 and 4,000 JPY (20-35 USD) per night per room. Capsule hotels cost between 3,000 and 5,500 JPY (25-50 USD) for a small room (which is actually a capsule). If you’re looking for privacy, expect to pay around 8,500 JPY ($ 75) for a double room at a budget hotel. The price of accommodation in major cities is significantly higher than if you travel off the beaten path (Okinawa, for example, costs half the price of Tokyo).
A private apartment / house typically costs 8,800 JPY (75 USD).
If you are looking for a more unique experience, consider staying at a ryokan, a traditional Japanese inn. Although they are more expensive than a standard hotel, it will be a unique and memorable experience, as you can sleep on tatami mats, traditional breakfasts and much more.
Food: There are many inexpensive places to eat in Japan, from ramen noodle shops to miso and soba noodles. These power options range from JPY 250 to 1250 ($ 2-11). The purchase of groceries will cost between 3700-5000 JPY (35-45 USD) per week. Most restaurant meals cost around 2000 JPY (20 USD). Mid-range restaurants can cost around JPY 4,350 ($ 40). Sushi trains cost between 125-620 JPY (1-6 USD) per piece. Fast food costs around 800 JPY ($ 7).
You can also find plenty of inexpensive meals and prepackaged items at 7-Eleven (which locals eat!). Pre-packaged noodles, rice balls, tofu, and sushi are available for a few hundred yen. If you are on a budget, 7-Eleven will be your favorite “restaurant”.
Transportation: Transportation in Japan is incredibly expensive. The train is the most practical means of transport, but also the most expensive. Train tickets from Osaka to Tokyo cost about 20,000 yen (US $ 165)! Most city metro tickets cost between 125-250 JPY (1-2 USD) for a single ride. In most major cities, you can purchase a day pass, which offers unlimited travel for 24 hours for around 600-800 JPY (5-7 USD) on some trains and buses. Intercity bus tickets cost around 2,500 JPY (20 USD).
Consider purchasing a Japan Rail Pass if you plan to travel on a lot of trains. JR Passes come in the form of a one, two or three week pass and allow free travel on the JR lines. If you are planning on taking a hectic trip, this is the best way to save money. Until March 31, 2020, you can buy a Japan Rail Pass in Japan. However, the pass can be up to 20% cheaper to buy online before you arrive.
If you are adventurous, you can also hitchhike. Although there are hardly any Japanese who hitchhike, many are more than happy to pick up foreigners. This is an opportunity for them to practice English and get involved in a new culture, so don’t be afraid to stand out!
Activities: Entrance to most temples and museums is free, although some popular attractions cost around JPY 1,250 ($ 10). Kyoto temples can cost as much as 620 JPY ($ 5). Many of the city’s parks are free, so take advantage of them when you can and spend the day there. You can purchase one-day city or temple passes.
Japan Travel Guide: Tips to Save Money
While the prices above may seem high, there are plenty of ways to cut your costs and save money in Japan. You can save a lot in any category. If you can’t find cheap accommodation, eat the delicious, inexpensive food that Japanese workers eat. If you bought a rail pass, redeem it by staying in cheaper accommodation or eating inexpensively. Do what’s best for you. Here are some guiding principles for saving money when traveling to Japan:
Visit Free Attractions: With numerous museums, shrines, temples, historic districts, and parks, Japan is full of opportunities to immerse yourself in its culture. Many parks and museums across the country are free.
Get a JR Pass: High-speed trains in Japan are ridiculously expensive, with one-way tickets costing hundreds of dollars. If you plan to travel around the country a lot, get the JR Pass, which allows unlimited train travel and saves you a lot of money. Comes on tickets for 7, 14 and 21 days. Please note that it can only be purchased outside the country, so plan ahead!
Take the bus: buses are a much cheaper option than trains. They cost a fraction of the price, but they take a lot longer. For example, the two-hour high-speed train ride from Tokyo to Osaka turns into a 10-hour bus ride. You can get an unlimited Japan Rail Pass for 29,100 JPY (255 USD) for 7 consecutive days of travel, but it costs a lot more than using the bus. In short: if you have time, take the bus.
Buy from 100 yen ($ 1) stores: There are many 100 yen stores in Japan with ready meals, groceries, water bottles, toiletries, and household items. Store names vary by region, so ask at the front desk of your nearest hotel / hostel.
Eat at 7-Eleven: A 7-Eleven, Family Mart, and other convenience stores offer many prepackaged meals (including sandwiches, soups, fruit, and more traditional Japanese options) for 125-370 JPY (1 -3 USD). an inexpensive lunch option. In addition, supermarkets also offer prepared meals at similar prices.
Cook Your Food: Hostels have kitchens where you can cook and reduce your food costs to less than JPY 745 ($ 7) per day. Combining this with 100 yen in-store purchases will drastically reduce your food costs.
Eat curries, ramen, and donburi – I basically lived off these three foods during my three weeks in Japan. Curry bowls are only JPY 370 ($ 3) per dish. Donburi, bowls of meat and rice, cost around 500-620 JPY (5-6 USD). Ramen never exceeds 870 JPY ($ 8). These are the best ways to eat inexpensive and filling meals while in Japan.
Work from your room: Hostels in Japan usually allow you to work from your room. You will spend a few hours cleaning in the morning and have free accommodation, as long as they let you stay. This is a great way to save money if you want to stay in the same area for a while.
Couchsurfing – Using hospitality sites like Couchsurfing, which allow you to stay with the locals, not only gives you a free place to stay, but also allows you to interact and learn about local life. Be sure to ask in advance, the response rate is not that good!
Buying food at night – After 8 p.m., supermarkets cut back on fresh food because they have to eliminate it (by law). If you buy food after 8 p.m., you can save up to 50% on almost anything fresh.
Hitchhiking: Japan is one of the safest countries in the world and many places are curious to receive foreign visitors. Locals do not hitchhike, so you will stand out as a tourist increasing your chances of finding a vehicle.
The most important advice I can offer is to buy good travel insurance. Travel insurance protects you against illness, injury, theft and cancellations. This is full protection in the event of a problem. I never travel without it, as I have had to use it several times in the past. You can use the widget below to find the policy that’s right for you:
Golly, this was a serious long post, yet you arrived at its finish! This was my finished guide on Tokyo hotels where I disclosed all you require to think about picking your hotel in this amazing, complex city in Japan!
I’m certain that you’re now a specialist in Tokyo convenience at this point and I trust that possibly you additionally found the fantasy place for your outing, am I right?
In this post I clarified about the 10 best neighborhoods in Tokyo where you can stay and for every one of them I gave you my hand-picked hotels for all spending plans, every one of them with breathtaking audits, incredible area and offices. I likewise suggested some amazing apartments and some exceptionally advantageous airport hotels (for both Tokyo air terminals).
All things considered, you have all you may require in this post, trust me!
I wish you an incredible time in Tokyo, it’s one of my #1 favorite cities in the world! Also, something final – on the off chance that you need more travel motivation about Japan, here you can discover every one of our posts about this remarkable country!
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links on this page, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a small commission for a sale generated through the website. We just suggest the things we really use ourselves and never accept useless sponsored crap. Thank you so much for supporting.