Shanghai is the greatest city in China (a city, really!) and a important financial and social spot, definitely worth visiting during your tour in this amazing country! The city has a populace of around 24 million people (!) and it’s the best spot to see the quick development of China. It’s the ideal spot if you love high rises building, yet in addition need a genuine encounter; if you love the energetic nightlife, or need a chill vacation with your family.
Here is a guide so you can see where is Shanghai located in the big country of China:
Where to stay in Shanghai is one of the main choices you have to make before your departure. However, how might you pick, you may inquire? No concerns, in this post I will clarify about the 7 best neighborhoods in Shanghai, and I’m also giving you a my best, hand-picked accommodation recommendations for every one of them, separated by budget plan.
NOTE: By the way, I’ve made a broad examination and, after lots of correlations, I found the best costs for China to be on Agoda.com, so that’s what I’m for the most part suggesting in this article.
Best Shanghai Hotels
- luxury Hotel : The Peninsula Hotels
- Middle-Priced Hotel : SSAW Boutique Hotel
- Budget Hotel : Shanghai Loft
Which Area Should You Choose Stay?
There are 16 major Shanghai districts, which are then partitioned into neighborhoods, each of them with its own appeal, benefits and drawbacks. Deciding on which area is the best for your trip is a HARD and overwhelming task, trust me, particularly because the city is so big and full of important attractions! Also, this is genuine particularly if you’re visiting the city for the first time, as there are just a few areas fit for tourists.
However, settling on the ideal base for your trip is an important step. What’s more, I’m here to help! I have chosen the 7 best areas in Shanghai for a all types of tourists and I also made a quick list of my customized suggestions for you:
- Where to remain in Shanghai for luxury: The Bund
- Best region for budget travelers: Jing’an
- Where to remain in Shanghai for a authentic atmosphere: Old Town Shanghai
- Where to remain in Shanghai for foodies: People’s Square
- Where to remain in Shanghai for nightlife: People’s Square and The Bund
- Best for families: Pudong
Coincidentally, exploring the city is truly easy, as Shanghai has a amazing public transport system! At any rate, now that you’re a bit more natural to how the city is organized, how about we get into it:
1. People’s Square Shanghai – Stay in The First Time
If you want to be super central and too near every one of the main attractions in the city, then this is the spot for you!
I truly imagine that the area surrounding People’s Square is the best spot in Shanghai for first-time visitors (along with The Bund, which I will discuss directly right below and which is close to People’s Square too). The People’s Square is basically a big square and it is viewed as the primary main central of the city.
The loction is very well-connected with the rest of the city (particularly via metro) and it’s full of great shopping opportunities for all tastes, particularly on Nanjing East Road, just as countless restaurants and street food stall – a heaven for foodies! A portion of the tourist spots that are additionally here include Shanghai Museum (right in the center of the square), People’s Park, Shanghai Grand Theater and then some.
Right away, we should see which are the best hotels in Shanghai around there:
- The Langham Hotel – In case you are wondering where to stay in Shanghai to spend too much in complete luxury, this is your decision! this is your decision! This superb 5 star property is near People’s Square and it offers every one of the amenities you need, including a full service spa and a pool!
- The Yangtze Boutique Shanghai –In case you want to be near many shopping opportunities and restaurants, this is a best option! It’s found right in the heart of the area, near to the square and the park and incredibly near Nanjing Road. What more would you be able to want? Incidentally, it’s not far away from the French Concession by the same!
- Atour Light Shanghai – Do you need to stay in Shanghai near to People’s Square yet don’t have any desire to spend a fortune on accommodation? Then I say that this cool middle-priced option choice great! It offers 4-star service and it even has its own fitness place, which is a decent benefit!
- Grand Central Hotel – Here’s another important choice for your stay in Shanghai in case you fell in love with this district. This amazing place has a super convenient location, near the park, Nanjing Road, and not far away from the Old Town.
- The Phoenix Hostel Shanghai-LaoShan – In case that you want to be in the perfect neighborhood at a really price, look no farther than this one! In the event that you decide to stay here, you’ll literally be minutes from many shopping and entertainment options. An incredible put something aside for your China travel!
- Campanile Shanghai – And here’s another fabulous budget alternative very close near People’s Square. It comes at an incredible price and it has a fantasy area – near the park, Shanghai Museum, and even The Bund and the French Concession.
2. Where to Stay in Shanghai Nightlife
The Bund (also called Waitan) is a genuine image of Shanghai and one of its most well-known attractions!
The Bund is really a wonderful waterfront region close to Huangpu River where you can go for a walk and enjoy all panoramic views over the city. It’s made of superb pilgrim architecture, facing the advanced skyscrapers of Pudong and I think it genuinely envelops Shanghai’s charm.
Except for being a great base for beginners in Shanghai, it’s also the perfect area to go you’re party who wants to enjoy some nightlife. You’ll also find tons of shops and restaurants and bars here, so have confidence that you’ll never get bored!
Look at my best hotels recommendations found near The Bund:
- Fairmont Peace Hotel On the Bund – Here’s one of the best hotels in the whole Shanghai! Pick it if you want you need a spoiled, luxurious stay in Shanghai and you will love it! It has an advantageous area too, walking distance to the metro station and many shopping, feasting and drinking places. So marvelous!
- W Hotel – Shanghai The Bund – Do you need to stay in Shanghai in where you can enjoy a perspective on Huangpu River at whatever point you need? At that point look at this alternative! A portion of the upsides of staying here include acces to their on location open air pool, train station get pick-up service, tasty breakfast and then some!
- The Peninsula Hotel – Are you on the quest for the best hotel in Shanghai? All things considered, you just discovered it! This one will be quite possibly the most gorgeous boutique hotels in Shanghai! I certainly suggest you look at the conveniences here, they’re just awesome! For instance, you’ll have access to their fitness centre and you’ll be near countless shopping and dining choices. How amazing is that?
- Metropolo Classiq Shanghai The Bund Circle – Are you pondering where to stay in Shanghai for a great value to money ratio? I have an answer, obviously! This great spot is directly in The Bund area, near attraction but also to the metro station, so you’ll be well-connected with the rest of the city. A great additionally, if you were to ask me!
- Sofitel Shanghai Hyland – In case you want to stay in the downtown area, near interminable shopping and food spots, at that point if it’s not too much trouble, find that this gorgeous property has the ideal area for this. It’s in one of the most interesting area of the city and it offers an amazing!
- Shanghai Fish Inn Bund – Do you need to stay in Shanghai in the most famous district, at an convenient price? Here’s the ideal choice for you! This convenience offers excellent 3-star service, it’s beautiful and the staff is too friendly. Also, you have a lot of room types that you can look over, for changed sorts of budget plans!
- Fish Inn Nanjing East Road – Here’s another extraordinary one on my list of cheap hotels in Shanghai in this area! This property is awesome in case you’re interested in shopping and exploring the city, if you’re planning to spend one week or 2 week here! Incidentally, this hotel is not very far away from the Former French Concession all things considered.
3. Old Town Shanghai
If you’re looking for a more real experience in the the middle of the metropole, at that point head over to Shanghai Old Town, you’ll be enchanted!
The Old Town (called “Nanshi”) is really the old downtown area before the 1900s and where you can see traditional houses, temples and teahouses, divider ruins, however some modern buildings also (it’s consistently a blend with regards to Shanghai!). Despite the fact that it’s not as real as it used to be, it’s the nearest area where you can experience Shanghai’s roots.
The absolute most notable attractions around there incorporate Yu Garden (otherwise called Yuyuan Garden), the City God Temple (otherwise called Cheng Huang Miao), Shanghai Old Street, the Ancient City Wall and then some. Also, obviously, you can just walk around and enjoy the pleasant roads and buildings!
On the off chance that you feel like Shanghai Old Town is your place to be, here are the best hotel where you can stay:
- Renaissance Shanghai Yu Garden Hotel – If you’re searching for some of the best hotels, Shanghai is no short on amazing choices! For instance, this hotel is real perfect for a luxurious stay in Shanghai, as you’ll have all you require here, including closeness to the public transport service, for example, a metro station!
- New Harbour Service Apartments – In case you need to stay nearby to Yuyuan Garden, this hotel should be your destination! It’s really a gorgeous, comfortable apartment overly near Xintiandi shopping area and to many attractions in the city!
- SSAW Boutique – In case you’re searching for a superb hotel in Shanghai situated in the Old Town that accompanies some reasonable prices, search no more! This one has an great on location restaurant and it’s near Yu Garden, directly in the heart of this beautiful area!
- Mercure Shanghai Yu Garden – Here’s another great choice in this region, where visitors will be with free Wi-Fi, attendant service, 24-hour front work area, fitness focus, a yummy mainland breakfast served every morning and many other awesome benefits!
- Shanghai Loft – In case you’re pondering where to stay in Shanghai Old Town on a careful budget plan, here’s the ideal choice! This property is found right in the centre point of this unique area and it’s really an whole house that you can share to your travel mates (up to 8 people, how fantastic is that?)!
- Atour Hotel South Bund Shanghai – In case you need to be in a wonderful area, too near the metro station and pay a very good price, then this hotel should be the ideal fit for you! It’s situated on a road not far away from The Bund either, so it has the best of both!
4. Pudong – Stay in Shanghai With a Family
I think you recollect that I mentioned Pudong when I discussed The Bund before. It’s a spot full of giant skyscrapers that light up during the night and It’s a spot full of giant skyscrapers that light up during the night and make you feel as tiny as an ant. The horizon is basically remarkable!
A portion of the landmarks of this area include Shanghai Tower (tallest building in Shanghai!), Jin Mao Tower, Oriental Pearl Tower (that’s right, many towers!) and to wrap things up, Disneyland! This is one of the main reasons why I think this area is great for people going with kids.
NOTE: Pudong is a beautiful huge area that extends from Huangpu river to the airport, however the most amazing parts of it are really Lujiazui and Tangqiao and what surrounds them. try to stay as near to Huangpu river as expected.
Enough talking, we should see which are the best hotels around there also:
- Kerry Hotel Shanghai Pudong – This hotel offers a luxurious service of all travelers that decide to book a room here. Trust me, if you want to be near Shanghai Tower (or any of the 4 towers and different skyscrapers nearby), this is your place to be! It’s really situated in Lujiazui, near the river, so you’ll have a beautiful view on The Bund too!
- JW Marriott Marquis Shanghai Pudong Hotel – You may definitely know that staying in a Marriott hotel implies you get an excellent treatment every single time and this property in Lujiazui is no exception! It has an great view on The Bund and you’ll also approach their on location spa and 5 restaurants, for instance!
- The Eton Hotel – Here’s one of my best suggested middle priced hotels here – and it’s a decision you will love, trust me! This present one’s situated on a calm pedestrian street and you’ll have an great view on the city if you decide to stay here. It’s an fantastic base for Pudong!
- Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai, Pudong – If you need to stay in Pudong, near Huangpu River, at that point to book a room here, it’s a fantastic accommodation! It offers 4-star service and 2 cafés, which I believe it’s basically great. Additionally, it’s all around associated with the airport also – a decent bonus!
- Shanghai Haodu Grand Hotel Laoshan – If you need a budget accommodation in one of the coolest areas in Shanghai, at then check this property! It’s found near Jin Mao Tower and it offers every one of the accommodation you may require for a wonderful stay!
- Novotel Shanghai Atlantis – Here’s another great decision situated on a cool pedestrian street. It has an indoor pool, an amazing area, 4 restaurants and a bar/relax. Incidentally, this one is a excellent choice for families also!
The most important advice I can offer is to buy good travel insurance. Travel insurance protects you against illness, injury, theft and cancellations. This is full protection in the event of a problem. I never travel without it, as I have had to use it several times in the past. You can use the widget below to find the policy that’s right for you:
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links on this page, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a small commission for a sale generated through the website. We just suggest the things we really use ourselves and never accept useless sponsored crap. Thank you so much for supporting.